Account Overview: Moderate Strategy
|Current YTD — as of 12/31/20*||15.820%|
Performance Overview (as of 12/31/20)
|One Year (2020)*||15.820%|
|Life to Date||5.593%|
Inception Date: April 2012
* Earnings results calculated on total investment return
Market Value vs. Net Investment
Stocks and Funds
Distribution by Sector
The Moderate Growth Strategy
This approach is for those who place dual emphasis on two objectives which must be balanced against each other due to their conflicting nature.
Objectives and Allocation Range:
- Overall Portfolio Equity Range: 30% to 60%
- To manage against capital risk by reducing year-to-year volatility.
- To seek capital growth over the medium term when valuation levels in the stock market are favorable and its specific strategies and pricing techniques can take advantage of market conditions.
- Time Horizon: 3 to 10 years
Prioritized Investment Goals
Due to the conflicting objectives of this portfolio, the protection of capital will be balanced against the desire for capital growth. Limited stock market participation (which, at times, may exceed the portfolio’s participation in fixed income securities) will provide some reinvestment rate protection. However, this limited stock market participation makes the portfolio volatile to a degree. As for inflation, any attempt to actively exceed inflation would require a higher proportion of equity investments in the portfolio which would result in an extreme volatility inconsistent with the portfolio’s primary objectives.